Leelee Donoghoe is a caring and compassionate yoga teacher and registered yoga therapist.
Leelee is one of the most professional and devoted teachers and you’ll be in safe and nurturing hands when you attend the studio. Leelee prides herself on really making a genuine difference in people’s lives by offering high quality and intuitive yoga instruction and yoga therapy for people of all levels and abilities.
She has a particular interest and specialised training in working with the mind and mental health (specifically for depression and anxiety). Leelee incorporates her learnings into each class and has an undeniable passion for guiding her students on their journey to mental wellness.
Leelee has trained, studied with and been mentored by some of the most prominent names in yoga including Michael de Manincor, Leslie Kaminoff, Donna Farhi, Sal Flynn, Leigh Blashki, Amy Weintraub, Simon Borg Olivier and Megan Jones.
Formal qualifications and training:
- Yoga Teaching Diploma, International Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA)
- Graduate Certificate of Yoga Therapy, Australian Institute of Yoga Therapy (AIYT)
- Graduate Diploma of Yoga Back Care (IYTA)
- Specialist Children’s Yoga Teaching: Radiant Child Yoga, Zenergy Kids Yoga
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Course, Openground Mindfulness Training
- Level 1 LFYP – Specialist Training for Depression & Anxiety, LifeForce Yoga Healing Institute
- Recognised as a Senior Teacher with Yoga Australia
- Certified Daring to Rest Yoga Nidra Facilitator
- Qualified as C-IAYT with the International Association of Yoga Therapists
- Invited to become a teaching member of faculty: Yoga Institute and IYTA Teacher Training Course, 2016
- Presenter, Canberra Yoga Conference, 2015
- Presenter, Canberra Summer’s End Yoga Festival, 2016
- International Teaching: Club Med, Nusa Dua, Bali, 2016
- Assisted PhD candidate, Michael de Manincor, with his national clinical trial, Evaluation of Yoga-based Interventions for Depression, Anxiety and Subjective Well-being
- Contributor of Research Article, Individualized Yoga For Reducing Depression and Anxiety, and Improving Well-being: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- Senior Teacher: Yoga Australia
- C-IAYT (International Association of Yoga Therapists)
Leelee is a certified member of:
With genuine empathy and a gentle approach to teaching from Leelee, students can always feel safe and guided.
Take advantage of Leelee’s expertise – book into a class today.